Software development leader with a hands-on approach to management. Thorough knowledge of the software development life-cycle. Technical management experience with diverse teams of full time and part time staff as well as in-house and offshore contractors. Experience in recruiting, performance management, mentoring and coaching. Excellent ability to conceptualize projects, communicate effectively, and motivate others to exceed expectations through inspirational leadership in the workplace.
GIS Projects and Development Supervisor at CenterPoint Energy, Houston TX
June 2015 – Present
- Team Lead – Lead a team of 9 GIS Developers by facilitating projects and tasks and helping team members set and achieve their goals. Responsible for all GIS Programmer hires.
- Project Manager – Leverage technology to better facilitate communication and team management
- Architect – Design and help develop extensions in support of ArcGIS and ArcFM for our large user base
- Technical Coach – Use technical expertise to help others evaluate options and identify solutions to solve problems
- Programmer – Work hand in hand with team members to troubleshoot and debug custom code
GIS Consultant in Houston, TX
April 2014 – June 2015
- Architect – Assisted clients with design, planning and implementation of GIS solutions. Designed Python libraries in support of custom geoprocessing tools
- Programmer – Developed custom applications for clients ranging from web applications and widgets to geoprocessing tools
- Team Lead – Organized tasks, met with key stakeholders to insure team remained on target and led team to quality on-time delivery.
- ArcGIS Server Administrator – Installed, configured and deployed ArcGIS Server for testing and production environments
- Instructor – Trained clients to install, deploy and configure ArcGIS Server and Enterprise Geodatabases
Senior GIS Developer at IT Nexus, Houston, TX
November 2012 – April 2014
- Architect – Assisted clients with design, planning and implementation of GIS solutions.
- Programmer – Developed ArcGIS for Server solutions using Microsoft Silverlight and Python
- Business Development – Interacted with current and potential clients to develop and maintain business relationships
GIS Technical Lead at Nexen Petroleum, Houston TX
March 2012 – September 2012
- GIS Implementation – Lead role in enterprise GIS implementation for the Houston office
- ArcSDE Administration – Served as primary spatial data manager for the US office. Migrated data from shapefiles and file geodatabases to new ArcSDE environment. Collaborated with corporate office to ensure global spatial data management standards were being met. Worked closely with Oracle DBAs to design and maintain ArcSDE security
- Automated – Designed and developed Python and FME scripts to automate SDE data loads.
- Vendor Relations – Worked extensively with data and software vendors to obtain the latest GIS data and products. Served as tester for mapping applications to be implemented within Nexen.
- ArcGIS Server Administration – Kick-started ArcGIS Server project for US division. Designed proof of concept GIS Portal to host ArcGIS Server maps and links to GIS resources within the organization.
Programmer and Technical Lead at Samson Investment, Tulsa, OK
August 2006 – March 2012
- Programmer – Designed, developed and deployed ArcGIS web and desktop solutions that support 300+ business users. These applications, tools and scripts improve accessibility for light users who are not familiar with ArcMap and increase efficiency of heavy users through automation and workflows.
- ArcGIS Server Administration – Served as first line server support to install, configure and deploy ArcGIS server. Completed performance tuning, map caching, testing and planning of ArcGIS software upgrades and patches.
- GIS Technical Lead – Oversaw technology projects, delegated tasks to business users as needed, and served as SME to advise management on project direction and scope of initiatives and technology decisions.
- Organize – Lead team with innovative ideas, creative solutions, and unconventional strategies to drive results. Assigned tasks and organized project for a large data cleanup effort.
- Designed – Created well data comparison algorithms that increased Samson’s well data accuracy by 20%
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Northeastern State University, Broken Arrow, OK
2002 – 2006
- APIs & Frameworks: ESRI’s ArcPy, .NET 3+, Silverlight, ArcObjects 9+, ESRI’s Silverlight API, LINQ, Entity Framework, Windows Phone, Dojo, JQuery
- Development Environments & Tools: Visual Studio 2008+, SQL Server Manager, SSRS, PyScripter, PyCharm, Aptana, FME
- Code Collaboration Tools: Team Foundation Server, GitHub, Subversion, Source Safe
- Data Storage: JSON, XML, SQL Server, Oracle, ESRI Spatial Geodatabases
Strong Energy Industry knowledge
Two times ESRI Developer Summit Hackathon winner
Created houstonareafarmersmarkets.com to support local farmers and markets in the Houston area
Quad Lingual (English, Romanian, Spanish and French)